Current Grant Guidelines/Restrictions
The Judd Leighton Foundation, Inc. seeks to enhance the quality of life in St. Joseph County by providing funds through a grant making process for health, education and economic development activities. Organizations seeking funding should carefully review the Foundation's grant making guidelines to determine if their project conforms to the Foundation's mission before submitting an application.
The foundation's board of trustees meets quarterly, typically in March, June, September and December. Grant proposals are reviewed by the board on a pre-determined schedule, and must be received by the middle of the month preceding a grant review meeting to be considered at that meeting. Please contact the foundation office for specific review dates.
The Foundation’s Focus
- The capital needs of community institutions and organizations
- Projects designed to address a community problem or need
The Foundation Does Not Fund
- Programs that are sectarian or religious in nature
- Political organizations or candidates
- Organizations without 501 (c) (3) designation
The Foundation’s Evaluation Parameters
- The relevance of the proposal to one of the three primary areas of interest – health, education, or economic development
- The overall impact on the community at large
- The demonstrated sustainability of the project
The Grant Proposal
- If your organization meets the Foundation's guidelines and you would like to submit a proposal, please click on the "Apply Online" button below and create a new account.
Direct questions to:
Charles F. Nelson
The Judd Leighton Foundation, Inc.
202 South Michigan Street, Suite 910
South Bend, Indiana 46601